How often should I be doing Pilates?
It’s not just with Pilates, but I notice this question being asked with any health endeavour – whether it be the start of something new or even after years of doing the practice. The trouble is that we all want the results FAST, but we’re not really that keen on putting the effort in to getting them. Enter fairy godmother or genie with a wish please.
Here are some of the key points to consider when answering this question:
· What is your ultimate reason for doing Pilates?
· Are you in acute or chronic pain?
· What does your budget allow for?
· Are you flexible in the times you can attend sessions?
· What aren’t you able to do now that you believe you should be able to be doing?
· Are you willing to make changes that will support your desired outcomes?
Regardless of your answers to these questions, here is the formula I use.
· MOVE EVERY DAY!
Whether you choose to come to the studio or not, we have a heap of resources and videos to help you be proactive in your movement goals.
Can you imagine eating the same meal every day? When there are so many flavours, textures, temperatures and colours to choose from, your movement experience should feel delicious!
· LISTEN TO YOUR BODY!
Our bodies feel different every day, and there are times when it wants to work strongly and other times when it just wants to do gentle stretches or slower paced moves.
· MOVE IN ALL RANGES!
Front and back, sideways and twisting. It honestly is that easy.
· CHOOSE YOUR RESULT
So now it’s up to you … how often are you going to be doing Pilates?